Here at Avail, we're changing the way people understand their health by reducing the time it takes for people to recover from mental and physical ailments. We do this by leveraging big data and machine learning to identify health trends and patterns and connect people to the right care even before they know they need it.
About the position
We are looking for an engineer that prides themselves on the code they write and is capable of breaking up big problems into bite sized portions of work. We care about the maintainability of our platform while still maintaining a very productive engineering velocity.
Our platform is built using Elixir & Phoenix using Phoenix and Vue.js for HTML templating. This engineer will work alongside other senior engineers to continue to build on the core platform and verticalize specific functionality.
- Deliver well thought out code on a regular basis
- Take part in and lead code design discussions
- Assist and mentor junior and intermediate level engineers
- Employ TDD to unit and E2E tests to ensure delivered features work as expected indefinitely
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs and improve application performance.
- Explore, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 6+ years experience working with frontend and backend technologies to build APIs or web apps
- Deployed at least one service / platform as the lead or senior engineer
- Firm understanding of TDD and unit tests
- Experience with HTML, CSS, jQeury
- Experience with a front end framework (e.g. Vue.js, Angular, React, etc.)
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails or Elixir and Phoenix experience
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with functional programming
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Elixir
- Experience with distributed systems
- Dev-ops chops
- Experience with Vue.js